Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Homecoming 2014

It's that time of year again. This year for Homecoming Destiny wanted a short dress with a skirt "like they have on Dancing with the Stars." I had to do some thinking about how to accomplish that. Sewing patterns are pretty scarce these days.

So I found this pattern:

And I talked her into using the top from the blue dress and the skirt from the pink dress. She wanted her school colors (red and blue with some white) so we decided on a sparkly red satin with red lace and red chiffon. For the fluffy skirt I decided to make a tulle underskirt.


Cutting out the red lace. I was pretty nervous because it's been a long time since I did this kind of sewing. I didn't notice until I was getting the fabric and notions that it was an INVISIBLE ZIPPER. It's probably been 30 years since I did an invisible zipper, and I'm pretty sure there's a reason I haven't tried it since.


And finally the finished product



I wasn't entirely happy with it but Destiny liked it which is all that matters!

No comments: